Senior Frontend Developer
The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research and advisory firm that uses the latest state-of-the-art advances in experimentation, data science and behavioral science in pursuit of poverty alleviation. Busara is a US 501(c)3 organization with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and active project presence across Africa. Busara works with academics, policy makers, and private companies across all sectors.
As Busara grows,we are looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to join our development team. You will be working closely with an existing team of developers and Lab Officers to support existing projects and creatively develop solutions. The role will be expected to demonstrate technical expertise in mobile apps development, frontend, database systems, systems security and systems documentation.
Your role and responsibilities
- Gather and document technical and system design requirements
- Produce system design requirement documents
- Development and support of gaming apps
- Write up UI/UX requirements
- Create interface mockups for applications
- Work from these mockups build functional, high-performance applications (web & mobile)
- Provide training and support to internal teams.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Implementation of security and data protection policies on applications.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the project supervisors.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies such as scrum, etc
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong portfolio of previous project you have undertaken (Impress us)
- Good understanding of ES6
- Some experience with TypeScript
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration
- Hardcore CSS users (Grid, flexbox, animations, etc)
- Deep knowledge of web technologies (REST/HTTP, websockets, HTML5)
- Good understanding of popular programming paradigms (e.g. object orientation, functional programming, etc)
Nice to have
- Strong understanding of integrations with RESTful APIs
- Understanding of databases and ORMs such as postgresSQL, mySQL, mongoDB, elasticsearch, etc
We will offer you a competitive salary and health insurance, dynamic work environment with an opportunity for growth.