Analyst, Tanzania, Re-Advertisement
*** Application closes on 28th September 2018 and open to Tanzanian Nationals only!***
The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is an advisory and research organization focused on the evaluation and implementation of behavioral, economic, and social interventions in sub-Saharan Africa and beyond. Busara’s mission involves the application of rigorous research methods and evaluation tools to enable partners to improve program design, assess existing interventions, and optimize internal processes.
Busara was founded in 2013 and has active operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, Somalia, Zambia, Somaliland, Egypt, and the South Pacific Islands.
The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Analyst in Tanzania. In Busara, Analysts are a critical part of the Projects Division where they are required to support Associates in delivering projects. They must also make informed decisions about project resources and outputs and set priorities to meet project needs.
The Analyst is expected to have knowledge of markets, client issues, and any social context that is useful in assessing project parameters. Analysts engage in a variety of research activities, both qualitative and quantitative, and are required to have a high level of self-motivation and energy, an optimistic “can-do” attitude, and very strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. Due to the sensitive nature of our projects and our clients, extreme attention to detail is required.
Additionally, an Analyst should have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Analysts report to Associates on project-based activities and to Engagement Directors for all other responsibilities.
CORE PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analysts work closely with Busara staff and directly with academic researchers and advisory clients to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Engage in multiple, concurrent projects
- Manage external and internal engagements independently and with limited supervision.
- Interpret, evaluate, and clarify research requests to determine potential data sources and informational resources
- Identify and discuss research needs with Associates and Engagement Directors.
- Provide customized reports, highlighting main findings and key points, and effectively communicate the results to the end-user both orally and in writing.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve inquiries on external and internal research data and act as resource for senior leadership, internal teams, staff, and external parties.
- Recommend data sources and make recommendations on all phases of projects.
- Work closely, when necessary, with the Lab, Data, and Programming teams to source, clean, and structure data.
- Design effective quantitative and qualitative survey instruments and coordinate all activities associated with survey development, including research, formatting, and liaising with survey programming teams, as well as analyzing, summarizing and presenting results, and writing reports highlighting key findings and results.
- Create detailed and perfectly formatted drafts of client reports, experimental designs, literature reviews, proposals, and pitch decks.
- Serve as a professional and timely liaison to clients when necessary.
- Draft careful and detailed reports as well as responses to inquiries when necessary.
- Contribute to project on-boarding and off-boarding for knowledge management.
- General logistics planning for project activities as it relates to content outcomes such as phasing of field activities and coordinating client meetings.
- Work closely with Operations and Lab staff to plan logistics for field operations, data collection, and data quality assurance.
- Ensure that all project work is communicated with the relevant teams at Busara to ensure proper roll-out of the engagement. These includes, but is not limited to, Finance, Procurement, Operations and People.
- Maintain and update project timelines. Alert Associates of upcoming deadlines, deliverables and meetings.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Project Supervisor.
So you’re interested in the organization and what the role entails. But do you have what we’re looking for?
● A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related fields.
● Strong qualitative, quantitative, research, and data analytic skills.
● Extensive experience managing large scale research and consulting projects.
● Demonstrates the ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
● Excellent management and organizational skills.
● Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player.
● Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
● Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English and Swahili.
● Extreme attention to detail while sustaining a global focus and vision for institutional planning and decision making.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Familiarity with behavioral science, behavioral economics.
- Familiarity with STATA, SPSS, R or another major analytics software.
Please note that applications will be screened on a rolling basis.Upload 3 page maximum resume!