Senior Backend Developer
The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research and advisory firm that uses the latest state-of-the-art advances in experimentation, data science and behavioral science in pursuit of poverty alleviation. Busara is a US 501(c)3 organization with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and active project presence across Africa. Busara works with academics, policy makers, and private companies across all sectors.
As Busara grows,we are looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join our development team. You will be working closely with an existing team of developers and project leads to support existing projects and creatively develop solutions.
Your role and responsibilities;
- Work as a part of a team of talented and motivated backend, frontend and UX developers.
- Implement and maintain the backend components, APIs etc.
- Participate in architectural development and think process of software development.
- Advise and develop best backend practices.
- Experience and deep interest with at least two of the tech stacks Python/Django, Linux, Rails, Postgres, MySQL, node.js or something similar
- Experience with the cloud (aws, gce, azure, heroku etc)
- Front end knowledge
- Are business-minded and geared towards results and know when something is good enough
- Are a team player who has the ability and experience to work in a multicultural virtual team setting
- Have excellent collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written, in English
- Have a real passion for code, developing and owning products
We offer you a competitive salary, health insurance and a dynamic work environment with opportunity for growth.